Thursday, June 9, 2016

Celebrate with Miss Kate Cuttables

Pin It
It's Kim from Katydid Cards and it's my day to post a project...a day a look forward to each month! 

I decided to "celebrate" with our sponsor's, Miss Kate Cuttables, files to make a 4th of July card.  They have a LOT of awesome files for the 4th and it was hard to pick one...so I picked three!

I tried to think outside the box with the way I used these cut files in the hopes of getting your creative juices flowing to make a project to enter in our monthly challenge, Let Freedom Ring, where your project should be red, white and blue or include rings/circles. 

Let me show you my card first and then I'll talk a bit about how it came together.
 

The July 4th Set has so many components, it's really a great buy.  My inspiration for this card actually came from this file.  There are three concentric stars and as soon as I saw them I knew I wanted to make a shaker card with them.  I had never seen a multi-layered shaker card previously (though I sure there must be some), so I decided to give it a go.  I kept the same format, but increased the size to fit my card front.  I used the small stars (reducing them to 1/4" and smaller in size) in the same red, white and blue colors as my shaker contents...but switched the order so the shaker contents differed from the layers.  Here's a picture from the side, so you can see the layers.


The first version of the front panel was cut with just the star and I thought it was too plain.  I found the perfect solution in the Birthday section of the store.  Yup, I did say Birthday!  I used the Birthday Word file for a 4th of July card.  I used the word "Celebrate", sized it to fit inside the largest star and welded it.  Here's a closer look at that:


For the inside of the card, I used the Independence Day Title and converted it to print only and I think it goes perfectly with the front!


I had a lot of fun making this card.  If you look at the Miss Kate Cuttables file, you'll see the stars I used also had "tails".  If I was making this card again, I think I would change it to landscape orientation and include them on the front of the card as well.

Well, that's it for today.  Don't forget to enter our monthly challenge.  This month the theme is:


As a reminder, your project should include Red White and Blue and/or Rings(circles).  You have until June 30th, 11:59 PM, PST.



2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful card Kim. I love the layers. Great shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this card!! Shakers are so much fun especially with Miss Kate files!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets