Thursday, December 21, 2017

Birthday Bear

Pin It
Hi folks!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards and it's my day to post here at Connie Can Crop.

I made a card using the Birthday Bear digital stamp by our sponsor this month, Craftin' Desert Divas.  You can visit them on Facebook on their blog or at their store.



I just started seeing the card fold I used to make this card.  I don't know its official name if it even has one, but it's simple enough to make.  If you want to see the dimensions, you can find them on the Hints, Tips & Tutorials page.  I called it a Double Z Fold Card, for lack of a better name.

I used Raspberry Ripple and Island Indigo card stock for the card base and mats.  The patterned paper is from the Birthday Basics Collection (from the former My Digital Studio). To dress up the mats, I embossed the larger mat with Swiss Dots embossing folder and the smaller with Birthday Candles.




Inside, the sentiment sits on a mat the same size as the front mat and placed in the same spot so it's hidden underneath until the card is opened.



I added a snippet of the bear in the corner just to tie it together with the front.


Have you entered Connie Can Crop’s challenge yet?  You still have time to make any project, just so long as it incorporates a fancy fold.



One winner, picked at random, will win their choice of two single digital images from Craftin' Desert Divas.  Visit them at their store to see what they have and check them out on Facebook to see the latest.

This is my last post as a design team member for Connie.  As always, it's been a pleasure to share my projects with you and I will miss you!  I will continue to visit Connie to see what awesome projects she makes and I hope you will visit me at Katydid Cards and even subscribe so you don't miss a thing.





4 comments:

  1. Cute card!! Will have to try this fold

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute folded card, Kim. I love the design and colors. TFS. I will really miss creating with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will miss truly miss being a member of Connie's team and getting to know all my DT sisters. It has been a real pleasure. I know we will all keep in touch!

      Delete
  3. so very cute!
    Merry Christmas !🎄🎅⛄
    hugs , Fiki

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets